Introduction and General Terms
Longridge is committed to protecting your personal information when you are using our services. We want our services to be safe and enjoyable environments for our audience.
- what information Longridge may collect about you;
- how Longridge will use information we collect about you;
- when Longridge may use your details to contact you;
- whether Longridge will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
What information will Longridge collect about me?
When you participate in, access, or sign up to any of our services, activities or online content (such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, message boards, telephone or e-mail) or purchase any products from Longridge using any of our online registration systems, via telephone, email or any other correspondence, we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, depending on the activity. By submitting your details, you enable Longridge (and where applicable its contractors) to provide you with the services, activities or online content you select. In order for you to make a purchase on the Longridge website, an account will automatically be set up using these details. No debit card, credit card, bank details or any other payment details are stored.
How will Longridge use the information they collect about me?
Longridge will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our products, services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that Longridge may contact you for reasons related to the product, service, activity or online content you have signed up for, as set out in paragraph 4 below (e.g. to provide you with a postal tracking number for your purchase or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance);
- to provide you with information about our products, services, activities or online content;
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users to establish the number of visits from different countries and their areas and to determine the statistical use of our websites, including user numbers, unique user numbers, page views, hits, browser types, page rankings, search engines used, search phrases used, platforms and browser types. This information is statistical and will only be used by representatives of Longridge for the further enhancement of the online services that we offer.
- to analyse and improve the services offered on the Longridge website.
- to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. Longridge may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
- Where Longridge proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
When will Longridge contact me?
Longridge may contact you:
- in relation to any purchase, service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that Longridge can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- in relation to any contribution you have submitted to Longridge, e.g. on the Longridge Blog, message boards or via other social media channels;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about Longridge services (participation is always voluntary); and
- for marketing purposes, however Longridge will always provide you with an opt-out option.
- Will Longridge share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Generally, we will only use your information within Longridge. However, sometimes Longridge uses third parties to process your information (eg. Informing the carrier company of your contact details in case the driver cannot find your property to deliver your purchase). Longridge requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Longridge requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
What if I am a user aged 18 or under?
If you are aged 18 or under, please obtain your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to Longridge. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
How long will Longridge keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Longridge. Where you contribute material to Longridge we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
Can I find out what personal information Longridge holds about me?
1 The Works, Old Lower Blandford Road, Shaftesbury, Dorset, SP7 8GA
Telephone: 07752 929 363 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I am accessing Longridge websites outside the UK?
Cookies Policy – Information Longridge collects from you
Our website uses a 1st party cookie to find out how people are using our website and to make some features of the website work. This information is anonymous and cannot be linked to one individual. We use this information to enable us to continually make improvements to our websites and the user experience.
Below are details of the cookies used.
|Youtube||Third-party Cookies||This is collected by Youtube.|
|Sharing via facebook||This is required for sharing via facebook|
|Sharing via Twitter||This is required for sharing via Twitter|
|Sharing via Instagram||This is required for sharing via Instagram|
|Buffer||Sharing via Buffer||This is required for sharing via Buffer|
|Mailchimp||Sharing via Mailchimp||This is required for sharing via Mailchimp|
|Popup page view||
To show or hide popups as per user preference
|This is a required function|
What we do not do:
- Send information to any other websites
- Record your visit for advertising purposes
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.